Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit Contest Rules
AM NW Jack Ryan Giveaway
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be an Oregon or SW Washingtonresident 18 years of age or older and reside in the KATU-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KATU-TV (the “Station”), KUNP, EMG, Paramount Home Entertainment, Landry’s, Philips, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies,any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish.
(b) From July 7 to July 18, 2014 (the “Contest Period”), viewers will be asked to watch AM Northwest, which airs Monday through Friday on KATU-TV channel 2 from 9:00am PDT to 10:00am PDT. Viewers will be prompted to call in on a designated telephone line at a particular time or times during the AM Northwest program. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for qualifying will be announced (e.g. first caller with the correct answer).
(c) One or more contests may be announced from time to time. More than one contest may run simultaneously, but entries will only be solicited for one contest at a time. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line.
(d) There will be one (1) qualifier selected each day during the Contest Period in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited, for a total of nine (9) qualifiers. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct.
(e) On Friday July 18, 2014, one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among valid qualifiers.
(f) By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestant’s telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station.
1. Nine (9) qualifiers will be selected. Each qualifier will receive a Jack Ryan Blu-ray/DVD combo set valued at $39.99. One (1) grand prize winner will receive five (5) $100 Landry’s Gift Cards and one (1) entertainment package which includes a Philips Blu-Ray Player and Soundbar Home Theater from Philips valued at $250.00. The Grand Prize total is valued at $750.00.
2. Qualifiers will be notified at the time of their calls. Winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, qualifiers and winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Qualifiers and winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received at the time each qualifier and winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Qualifiers and winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the qualifier prize within 5 days will constitute forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the qualifier prize will remain the property of Station. Another qualifier will not be selected. If the winner cannot be notified within 2 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid qualifiers.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each qualifier and winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. 8. Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of qualifying depend on the number of correct entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received. Odds of winning are 1 in 9 qualifiers.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KATU-TV, 2153 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97232 and on the Station’s website at www.katu.com.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Portland, LLC, EMG, Paramount Home Entertainment, Landry’s, and Philips accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.