This recipe courtesy of Diana Stobo, www.dianastobo.com Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups Walnuts
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro,minced
- 1/4 cup Scallions, minced (greens only)
- 1/4 cup raw wild honey
- 1/8 cup Nama Shoyu (a type of "raw" soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon hulled sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 head of Lettuce, Butter, Bib, or Romaine
- Mung Bean sprouts
- Carrot, grated
- Gently pull apart lettuce leaves, wash and let dry on paper towel
- Prepare the sauce in a food processor fitted with an s-blade by adding all ingredients and pulsing 3-4 times.
- Add walnuts to the processor and pulse 4-5 times until meat of walnut is the consistency of ground meat.
- Add vegetables to processor and pulse 3-4 more times until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place 2-3 lettuce leaves on plate, scoop 2-3 tablespoons of walnut meat mixture in to leaf.
- Garnish with Mung Beans, and grated carrot.