Chocolate and Hazelnut Granola Bites
From the kitchen of Chez Tse
Makes 30 bites
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped raw, unsalted hazelnuts
- 1.5 ounces 72% dark chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup light colored honey, such as clover
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss together oats, wheat germ, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and hazelnuts.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet and toast in oven 15 minutes, tossing once.
- While mixture is toasting, heat together honey, brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan until sugar and butter have melted.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oat mixture and chocolate.
- Add honey mixture and mix until well combined with a wooden spoon. Chocolate will melt slightly.
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put on gloves and spray hands with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pinch off a walnut-size ball of mixture and roll into a ball between palms.
- Roll ball in sesame seeds and set on parchment.
- Repeat with remaining mixture until you have about 30 bites.
- Let stand at room temperature one hour until bites are set.