Chewy Fruity Granola Bars
From the kitchen of Chez Tse
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup light colored honey, such as clover
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 dried apricots, chopped
- 12 dried unsweetened cherries, chopped
- 4 tablespoons dried, unsweetened cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss together oats, wheat germ, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet and toast in oven 15 minutes, tossing once.
- While mixture is toasting, heat together honey, brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan until sugar and butter have melted.
- Mix together oat mixture, apricots, cherries and dried cranberries until dried fruit is evenly coated with wheat germ.
- Add warm honey mixture and mix until well combined with a wooden spoon.
- Decrease oven temperature to 300.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment.
- Pour granola mixture into pan.
- Using a second sheet of parchment, press granola into an even layer in baking dish.
- Discard second parchment sheet.
- Bake granola bars in oven 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve.