Organic Valley Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Serves 4 people
- 2/3 cup cold Organic Valley whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 2 peppermint candy canes (or 8 mini-candy canes)
- 2 1/2 cups whole Organic Valley milk
- 8 ounces organic chocolate (40% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- In a chilled metal mixing bowl, whip the cream until frothy.
- Sift the confectioner's sugar over the cream and continue to beat until soft peaks form when you lift the whisk.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Place the candy canes in a heavy sealable plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin or meat mallet until the candy is crushed.
- Place the milk and 3 tablespoons of the crushed candy cane in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until small bubbles appear around the edges of the pan and the milk begins to left off steam.
- Turn off the heat and all at once add the chopped chocolate to the hot milk.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the hot chocolate into 6 mugs.
- Top with dollops of the whipped cream and sprinkle with the remaining crushed candy cane.