Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Makes 4 servings
- 2 dried black mushrooms
- 1/2 pound ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 8 small iceberg lettuce cups
- In a small bowl, soak mushrooms in warm water to cover until softened, about 15 minutes; drain. Discard stems and coarsely chop caps.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cornstarch, and wine; mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients-- hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until crumbly and no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, water chestnuts, and mushrooms; cook until bell pepper is soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- To eat, spread a little sauce in a lettuce cup, spoon in some of the chicken mixture, fold lettuce around filling, and eat out of hand.
Copyright: Yan Can Cook, Inc. 2010