This recipe won both the People's Choice Award and the Dessert Category at the 2011 Great Oregon Coast Potluck-Off. The victorious Atonement Lutheran team included Head Chef Dee Waldo, Suzanne Aiken, Anne Stangeland, Tecia Ezzell, Sally Jennings, and Lucy Milliken . Here is their award winning recipe:
- (2) 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ c. sugar
- 2 2/3 c. coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1 ½ c. melted margarine
- (1) 8-8oz. carton whipped topping
- (1) lg. package raspberry gelatin
- 2 c. hot water
- (1) large package frozen raspberries
- Chocolate, cured for garnish
- Blend cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix pretzels and margarine together and spread in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Spread cream cheese mixture and whipped topping over warm pretzel layer. Chill in refrigerator.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water in a bowl. Stir in raspberries. Cool until partially set.
- Pour over cream cheese and whipped topping layers. Chill until firm.
- Garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate.
Yield: 10 servings