Peanut Butter and Honey Oatmeal Cookies
These are a breeze to make. The added benefit of whole wheat flour gives them a great texture. And they’re even delicious without rolling in sugar or topping with glaze, so choose the method you enjoy most!
• ¾ cup natural peanut butter
• ¾ cup honey
• ¾ cup sugar
• ¼ cup egg substitute
• ¼ cup nonfat milk
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3 cups quick oats
• 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Sugar for rolling (if not using glaze)
Glaze (if not rolling in sugar):
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
• 4 teaspoons nonfat half-and-half
• Preheat oven to 375°
• In large bowl, cream peanut butter, honey, and sugar.
• Add egg substitute, milk, oil, and vanilla.
• Combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt and add to peanut butter mixture.
• Form into 1½-inch balls, roll in sugar if using, and arrange on sprayed cookie sheet.
• Flatten halfway with fingers. If not rolling in sugar, use damp hands when flattening to avoid sticking.
• Bake 7 to 9 minutes -- do not over bake.
• Cool a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
• Whisk all ingredients together to remove lumps.
• Immerse tops of cooled individual cookies into glaze, suspend above bowl to drip, turn upright and place on wax paper to set.