Erin Crum's Caramel Corn
Erin Crum’s Caramel Corn
- 8 cups popped popcorn (air or stove popped - microwave popcorn will not work)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 Tbls light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popped corn and place in a lightly greased 17x12x2 baking pan.
- Keep popcorn warm in a 300 degree oven while making caramel mixture.
- Butter the sides of a heavy 11/2 quart sauce pan.
- In pan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat to boiling.
- Clip candy thermometer to side of pan and cook to 255 degrees (about 4 minutes)
- Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and stir gently.
- Bake in 300 degree oven for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Transfer popcorn to foil sheets to cool then break into clusters to store.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.