Caramel Holiday Brownies
- 1 package (14 oz.) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 package (2 layer cake) German chocolate cake
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1 package (6 oz.) chocolate chips
- Confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 13" x 9" pan.
- Combine caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk; cook over low heat until caramels melt; keep warm. (You can also microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes; turning and stirring after every minute.)
- Combine cake mix, margarine, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and nuts and stir by hand until dough is well mixed.
- Press half of the dough into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes; remove from oven.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust and spread caramel mixture over top.
- Crumble remaining cake mixture over top of caramel layer. Bake 15 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely. Dust with confectioner's sugar. Cut into squares and enjoy!
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.