Makes one 12 Pizza
You will need a pizza baking stone placed on the middle rack of your oven for this recipe.
Prep time: About 15 minutes if you are not making your own pizza dough.
- 2 Medium Tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup Greek or French Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 tabl. Parmigiano/Reggiano Cheese grated or high quality substitute
- 1 tabl. Chopped Garlic
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives halved and pitted or any high quality imported or domestic olive
- ¼ cup Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- 2 tabl. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 cup Whole Milk Mozzarella
- Handful Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 12 Pizza Crust about ½ thick either store bought or homemade
Place pizza stone on middle rack of oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. Once oven is preheated begin assembly of pizza.
- If you are using your own homemade dough roll the pizza out on a hard non-porous surface (preferably marble, granite or butcher block) dusted with flour or hand toss your pizza dough if you have the ability. The pizza should measure about 12 in diameter and be about ½thick.
- Spread a little cornmeal on a wood pizza peel and place the pizza on it. If pizza shrinks during handling then gently stretch it by working around the edge with one hand of the pizza and gently pulling it out from the center while putting pressure on the center with the palm of the other hand.
- Brush Olive Oil over surface of dough to about ¾ of the edge.
- Spread Garlic evenly over the surface. Again, be sure to leave room for the crust to form.
- Cover evenly with the Mozzarella.
- Add sliced Tomatoes first, covering the surface and leaving about an inch between each slice.
- Spread Olives, Artichokes and Feta evenly over the surface.
- Carefully slide pizza onto stone and bake for about 10 -12 minutes.
- When crust is toasty brown and cheese is bubbly the pizza is ready.
- Remove it by sliding a pizza pan or metal pizza peel under surface.
- Top pizza with fresh Basil and Parmigiano Cheese. Slice and serve immediately. Buon Appetito!!!