Recipe from Ross Kamens, executive chef, Noodles & Company
- 1 lb wheat noodles
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 cup carrots (julienne cut)
- ½ cup scallions (cut on the bias)
- ½ cup red peppers (julienne cut)
- ½ cup fresh shiitake mushrooms (de-stemmed)
- 1 T fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)
- ¼ cup mirin
- 1 T pure sesame oil
- 1 T canola oil
- 1 cup sweet soy sauce
- ½ cup Chile garlic sauce
- 1t black sesame seeds
- 24 shrimp (16-20 peeled & de-veined)
- Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente, drain and cool in ice water. Drain, let rest and toss with sesame oil.
- Blanch broccoli and carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool down in ice water, drain and set aside.
- Place large sauté pan over high heat. Add canola oil and sauté mushrooms until lightly golden.
- Add shrimp, carrots, broccoli, peppers, scallions, ginger, Chile garlic sauce, sweet soy, and noodles to pan in that order. Cook until noodles are caramelized or golden.
- Place on platter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds