Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Merlot Mushroom Sauce
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Rub mixture of herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil or ready-made Italian Seasoning)
- 1-2 lb Pork tenderloin
- ¾ cube butter
- 2-3 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 thin sliced shallot
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp capers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat tenderloin with olive oil, salt, ground pepper, sprinkle seasoning on top place in roasting pan
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes
- Melt butter and saute’ mushrooms in sauce pan on medium to medium high heat.
- Add shallots to sauté mix, along with 5-6 "blubs" of Merlot. Salt and pepper to taste and bring to low boil to reduce sauce.
- Add capers to mixture just prior to pulling off heat.
- Let roast rest for approximately 5 minutes, then slice into approx ½ inch slices. Drizzle with merlot-mushroom sauce.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.