- 2 pounds Oregon Shrimp, well-drained, divided in half
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 lemon, both juice and zest
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- Dash of Tabasco
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer (or use hands) until creamy.
- Add 1 pound of shrimp and mix again until shrimp are broken.
- Fold in remaining ingredients and chill.
Use the pate' in the following ways:
- As a topping for poached or grilled fish
- Thin with yogurt or sour cream and use as a vegetable dip
- Broil it in mushroom caps as an appetizer
- Spread on crackers or bagels
- Take 1/2 cup pate'. Add 1/4 cup water chestnuts, 1/4 cup diced mango or nectarine and 1 think slice of red onion for a great filling for a toasted croissant.
- Take 1/2 cup pate'. Add 1 cup loosely packed shredded Swiss cheese and a pinch of nutmeg. Use as a filling for crepes.
- Take 1/2 cup pate'. Add 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp. crisp fried bacon and 2 tbsp. golden raisins. Use a stuffing for chicken breasts.
- In a double boiler, add 1 part pate' to 1 part heavy cream, 2 parts Hollandaise sauce and a dash of sherry and you have a sensational sauce for crepes, chicken or vegetables.