Northwest Fisherman's Sundae
- 2 large Russet baking potatoes, well washed
- 1 1/2 cups Shrimp Pate (see recipes page)
- 3/4 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 small Roma tomatoes or diced Sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub washed potatoes with butter and sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper and kosher salt.
- Using a dinner fork, poke a few holes in the top of each potato and place them on a sheet pan in the center of the preheated oven. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- When the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and immediately position an oven rack close to the broiler (about 6 inches away). Preheat the broiler to high.
- Using a hot pad or towel to avoid getting burned on the hot potato, make a deep cut longwise down the potato. Gently pinch or squeeze the potato to form a deep "pocket". Fill with pate' and mound above the surface. Pack half the tomato pieces on the pate' and top with the shredded cheese.
- Return the potatoes to the oven, carefully positioning them under the broiler. Broil just long enough to melt the cheese and brown slightly.
- Top with additional tomatoes if desired.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.