This recipe courtesy of Taste of Home. For more great recipes visit their website.
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (20 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, fennel and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese, parsley and salt.
- Drain noodles and rinse in cold water.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles, 2 cups meat sauce, 2/3 cup ricotta cheese mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Yield: 12 servings.
- One serving: 1 piece
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 79 mg
- Sodium: 701 mg
- Carbohydrate: 28 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.