This recipe courtesy of Taste of Home. For more great recipes visit their website.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/3 pound sliced salami
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in warm water and 2 tablespoons oil until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Press into a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Layer ham, salami, American cheese, mozzarella cheese and Italian sausage over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place diagonally in pan.
- Brush dough with remaining oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 18 servings.
- One serving: 1 slice
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 22 mg
- Sodium: 575 mg
- Carbohydrate: 19 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 9 g