Grilled Calamari Roma
- 4 6 ounce calamari steaks
- 1/3 cup Basil Pesto (see recipe here)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white vermouth
- 1 lemon, both zest and juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to high.
- Rinse the calamari under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine pesto, vermouth and olive oil with the lemon zest and juice and mix well.
- Baste both sides of the calamari steaks and place them on the preheated grill. These steaks will cook VERY FAST, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. If they are properly cooked you will be able to cut them with your fork. If they are overcooked, you'll need a chainsaw!
- To complete a perfect meal, serve the Grilled Calamari with a side of hot fettucini noodles tossed with additional pesto, grilled asparagus and a bottle of chilled Soave. Enjoy!
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.