- 2 lbs New York steak
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, 1 yellow and 1 red, cut into wedges
- 2 small apples, 1 red and 1 green, sliced
- 6 oz asparagus
- 1 head red wilted lettuce
- 3/4 tsp ground Chipotle’ pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- In a small bowl mix the spices together and coat the steak. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Boil the red potatoes in salt water until done.
- Grill the steaks on medium high heat approximately 6 minutes a side for medium rare. Let the steak stand after grilling for 2-5 minutes, then cut across the grain into slices 1/4 inch thick.
- Make a bed of wilted lettuce. Trim the asparagus to 5-6 inches in length. Half or quarter the red potatoes and arrange on the plate. Add tomatoes, apples and onion to the plate; arrange steak slices on top.
Dressing: You can use any dressing, but this is a favorite
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp cold water
- In a sauce pan boil the wine and garlic for 3 minutes. Then whisk in 1/4 cup of the vinegar, olive oil and mustard and return to a boil.
- Separately mix the water and corn starch, then add to the boiling mixture and continue for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining vinegar and drizzle of the salad.