Boston Cowboy Salad
- 1 top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (1-1/4 lb)
- 4 small or 2 medium heads of lettuce (this recipe calls for Boston lettuce)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium bowl whisk together dressing ingredients. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup. Cover and refrigerate.
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4 inch strips. Add beef to remaining dressing, toss to coat. Cover and marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add beef (half at a time) and stir fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside is no longer pink. Do not over cook! Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce and reserved dressing, toss to coat. Arrange beef over lettuce; sprinkle with cheese, cherries and nuts. Serve immediately.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.