Original Pancake House Apple Pancake Clone
- 2 medium Granny Smith Apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
This recipe courtesy of Todd Wilbur's "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2"
- Peel and quarter two granny smith apples. Slice the core from each of the quarters, then slice the quarters into 4-5 slices each. Melt butter in a 9-10 inch skillet.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and the sliced apples and saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and let the pan sit for one hour so that the apples and glaze will stick to the bottom when the batter is poured on top.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer. Mix in the milk, cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Sift in flour and mix until smooth. Let batter rest for about 10 minutes.
- After the apples have cooled for an hour, pour the batter over the apples and pop the whole thing into the oven for 16-18 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
- Remove it from the oven, cool for one minute, and then use a spatula to loosen the pancake around the edges. Put a plate on top of the pan and plate together so that the pancake come out upside down on the plate.
- Serve with an optional dusting of powdered sugar over the top
Makes one large pancake.
For more information about Todd Wilbur's recipes visit his website click here.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.