1½ cups Pitted Kalamata Olives
2½ cups Pitted Medium Black Olives
1 Tablespoon Fresh Garlic – chopped
¼ cup Capers
½ teaspoon Dried Whole Thyme
½ teaspoon Dried Crushed Oregano
½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
½ teaspoon Salt
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Real Lemon Juice
1 Loaf Rustic Italian Bread
- Add the kalamata and black olives, garlic, capers, thyme, oregano, pepper, salt, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice to the food processor.
- Mix until smooth (about 20-seconds)
- Turn off the processor; remove the blade and use a rubber spatula to empty the Olive Tapenade into a quart container.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Mix 4-tablespoons extra virgin olive oil with 1-teaspoon chopped garlic.
- Cut 4 slices of bread.
- Brush the olive oil/garlic mixture on both sides of the slices of rustic Italian bread.
- Place on a Panini grill and cook to golden brown, a toaster or broiler can also be used.
- Cut each slice in half.
- Bruschetta bread can be served hot or cold.
- Place a ½-cup portion of Olive Tapenade mix in a 5" stacking bowl.
- Place 1-teaspoon of roasted red peppers on top of the mix.
- Sprinkle a pinch of lemon zest over all.
- Place the bowl of Olive Tapenade on a platter.
- Arrange 4 pieces of Bruschetta on each side of the bowl of Olive Tapenade.
Yields seven ½-cup servings
Stores in refrigerator for one week