Alicia Silverstone's Chorizo Tacos
These tacos are perfect for your meat-eating friends. For my 25th birthday, we held a party
at a farm animal sanctuary. It was unbelievably fun sharing that day with friends, family,
and the pigs! Christopher ran a taco stand and served these tacos to 150 people! They were
SERVES 2 OR 3
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced vegan chorizo or taco crumbles
- 4–6 corn tortillas, soft or hard as you prefer
- 1⁄2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Prepared salsa
- 1 cup tofu sour cream or Tofu Cream (page 225 of "The Kind Diet")
- 2⁄3 cup shredded vegan Cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chorizo or tacocrumbles and cook, stirring until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- If using soft tortillas, wrap in a slightly damp kitchen towel and heat in a 350°F oven or toaster oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until warm and pliable. (Hard taco shells don’t need to be heated.)
- Arrange the onions, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, tofu sour cream or Tofu Cream, and cheese in small bowls alongside the chorizo.
- Pass around the tortillas so everyone can fi ll their own tacos and add hot sauce to taste.