This recipe courtesy of TexaSweet Citrus. Makes 10 servings
- 6 six-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- ½ yellow bell pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, sliced into rounds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush tortillas with butter and cut each into eight triangles.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden. Approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Set chips aside.
- Cut yellow bell pepper lengthwise into 1/8-by-1-inch julienne and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork until softened. Mix in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heap about 2 teaspoons of avocado mixture on each reserved chip.
- Place a grapefruit section on top and garnish with a yellow bell pepper slice and jalapeno slice.
- Serve immediately.