Cheezy Weezy Mac & Cheezy
This is a fam fav all the time. Fam and friends always want to have a big pan of it on Thanksgiving and now it is a tradition. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 8 Tbsp. (one stick) plus 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup (2 oz.) shredded Muenster cheese
- ½ cup (2 oz.) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (2 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (2 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup Velveeta cut into small cubles
- 2 large egges lightly beaten
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Rated Special Xtra Topping
- 1 ½ cups crushed potato chips (use kettle chips for the crunch) ,
- ½ cups of shredded cheese
- 6 slices of cooked crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a deep 2 ½ quart casserole
- Bring a large pot to salted water to boil over high heat. Add the oil, then the elbow macaroni, and cook until macaroni is just tender, about 7 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain well. Return to the cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan melt 8 tablespoons of the butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the cheeses. To the macaroni, add the half and half, 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheeses and cubed Velveeta, and the eggs. Season with the salt and pepper. Transfer to the buttered casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of shredded chesses and dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- To add the Rated Xtra Special Topping to the regular topping and just sprinkle on top and bake until it’s bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes.
- For a crunchier topping, finish under the broiler for 3 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Remove for the oven and serve piping hot.