Macadamia Ginger Drop Cookies
Macadamia Ginger Drops
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 6 oz (about 1 1/3 cups) unsalted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 4 oz. (about 1/2 generous cup) candied ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 medium sized baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl beat together canola oil, sugar, brown sugar, non-dairy milk, ground flax seeds, vanilla and coconut extract.
- Fold in flour and mix to moisten.
- Just before mixture is completely combined fold in chopped macadamia nuts and candied ginger.
- For each cookie, drop 1 generous tablespoon of dough onto cookie sheets. Dough will be sticky and thick.
- Leave about 2 inches of space between each.
- Bake for 14 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to complete cooling
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.