Linzertorte Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnut butter
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- About 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to vigorously mix oil, sugar and hazelnut butter.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder and mix well until a stuff dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Have a small bowl of water handy.
- Spread the chopped nuts onto a dinner plate.
- Roll the dough into a walnut sized ball.
- Dip very briefly in water and firmly roll in the hazelnuts until coated.
- Place on baking sheet and use either the non-spoon side of a wooden spoon or your thumb to make a deep indent in the cookie.
- Use your free hand to hold the cookie in place and make sure it keeps its shape.
- You should be able to fit all 20 onto one baking sheet, they don't spread.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of raspberry jam into each cookie.A baby spoon works great for this!
- Bake for about 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly sealed container.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.