Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies
Preheat oven to 375° F,
Position rack in the middle position.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, melted)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs (you can beat them up with a fork)
- 21/2 cups flour (not sifted)
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes (just crush them with your
- 1 to 2 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butter, add the sugars and stir.
- Add soda, salt,vanilla, and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Then add flour and stir it in.
- Add crushed corn flakes and chocolate chips
and mix it all thoroughly.
- Form dough into walnut-sized balls with your fingers
and place on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard
- Press them down slightly with a floured or greased
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a wire rack
until they’re completely cool. (The rack is important—it
makes them crisp.)
Yield: 6 to 8 dozen, depending on cookie size.
Hannah’s Note: If these cookies spread out too
much in the oven, reduce temp. to 350° F. and do not
flatten before baking.