Pan-Seared Flap Steak w/Fresh Herb Chimichurri
Pan Seared Flap Steak with Fresh Herb Chimichurri
From the kitchen of Chez Tse
- 1 tablespoon shallot, about 1/2 of a medium shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 anchovy filet (optional)
- 2 large sprigs tarragon, roughly chopped
- 7 sprigs parsley, roughly chopped
- 5 chives, roughly chopped
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 4 6-ounce flap steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the chimichurri:
- Place shallot, capers, anchovy (if using), tarragon, parsley, chives and lemon zest in a mortar and pestle.
- Pound and grind herbs until a smooth paste forms.
- Pour in olive oil and lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Set aside.
For the steaks:
- Season steaks with salt.
- Heat a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot, add oil and let oil heat until shimmering and just beginning to smoke.
- Add steaks and sear until nicely colored, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove steaks from pan and let rest in a warm place, turning once or twice, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over steaks and serve.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.