Berry Clafouti/Serves 8
- 1 Tbls. Vegetable oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbls. Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 cups berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, or sliced strawberries
- 2 Tbls. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate with the 1 Tbls. oil; set aside.
- Combine the whipping cream, eggs, flour, sugar, oil, vanilla extract and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix until smooth using a whisk, or a hand held mixer.
- Arrange the berries in the prepared pie plate. Pour batter over berries.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until puffed and light brown. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes on a wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over top(s). Serve warm.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.