This recipe courtesy of Executive Chef and Caterer John Paulk
- 6 each, (6 ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
- 2 teaspoons, chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon, fresh ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons, butter
- 8 oz., sliced mushrooms (your favorite variety)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 oz. Stilton cheese or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon for garnish
- Rub the fillets with the chopped tarragon and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the fillets and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to the desired degree of doneness. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter to the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add the wine. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to deglaze the skillet.
- Stir in the sour cream. Add 1/4 cup of the cheese. Cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- To serve, drizzle the sauce over the fillets. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Garnish with sprigs of tarragon.