Date Balls & Nut-less Balls from Quick and Easy Paleo Comfort Foods
1/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
2. Using clean hands, take a small amount of the mixture in your hand and roll into a small ping pong ball sized balls (you can make these as big or small as you'd like!).
Notes: Store the date balls in an airtight container for several days (or until you devour them all!).
1-2 teaspoon water
2. Working with a small amount, roll together to form a ping pong-ball sized ball.
1. Combine first three ingredients in a food processor and process until well-blended, 30-60 seconds.
2. Check to make sure the mixture will hold together when pressed between your fingertips. If it’s too dry, add in more dates and process in the food processor.
3. Form the mixture into small, ping pong-sized balls (bigger or smaller if you prefer).
4. Roll the balls into the toasted coconut mixture.
Notes: As a general rule, too many nuts (or too much of anything, for that matter) can negatively impact your health. To minimize the amount of phytic acid in the nuts used in these date balls, you can soak the nuts in water for 18 hours, dehydrate them in a food dehydrator or low-temperature oven, then roast them. That being said, these are indeed some sweet treats, and are not meant to be consumed all the time or in copious amounts, so if you're eating them in moderation and have minimized your other sources of phytic acid (non-soaked nuts and seeds), you should be okay!