Erin Crum’s Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
To adapt sweet recipes to be gluten free without special cookbooks or recipes:
• i add about 10% less flour than the recipe calls for,
• add about 1 tsp of xantham gum for each cup of flour
• and may add a touch more flavoring, like vanilla, if it makes sense –
• Bake 1 or 2 minutes longer than regular recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspons vanilla (original recipe called for 1 tsp)
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix (original recipe called for 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp xantham gum (if not already included in flour mix)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package dark chocolate chips
- 1 cups walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375
Mix butter and sugar until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing after each.
In separate bowl, mix all flour ingredients together. Slowly add to butter mixture, mixing well but not over-mixing.
Add chocolate chips & walnuts.
Bake 12 - 14 minutes depending on how crisp you like them.