Hazelnut Yogurt Tea Cakes with Raspberries featuring Liberté Greek Lemon Yogurt with Chef Vitaly Paley
Makes 12 small tea cakes
2/3 cup hazelnuts, lightly toasted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/3 cup flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 container of Liberté Greek
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted butter
1 pint raspberries, fresh or frozen
1 1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp. butter, cut into small bits
1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and ground
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare streusel by mixing all ingredients together until coarse meal forms. Set aside.
3. Grease 12 standard-size muffin tins.
4. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
5. In food processor, grind granulated sugar with hazelnuts then stir mixture into dry ingredients.
6. Whisk together Liberté Greek Lemon yogurt, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
7. Fold in dry ingredients then butter.
8. Portion batter into 12 greased standard-size muffin tins.
9. Divide raspberries and push gently into batter.
10. Sprinkle crumb topping over tops and bake until golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
11. Serve slightly warm or room temperature, dusted lightly with powdered sugar.
Chef Vitaly Paley is the Chef & Owner of Paley’s Place, Imperial and Portland Penny Diner. James Beard Award-winning chef and noted cookbook author. Has appeared as a victor on Food Network’s Iron Chef America.