Meat And Potato Pie
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- ½ tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 2oz. Lea and Perrin Worchester sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces,
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk & butter)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pre-made pie crust or 1 sheet pre-made pastry dough
- Line ungreased pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges or make a decorative edge. Set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in soup and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Pour into pie shell. Top with carrots and mushrooms. Combine potatoes and sour cream; spread over pie.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5-10 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.