One Pan Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas courtesy of More Peas, Thank You by Sarah Matheny
- For Filling:
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (3 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 15-oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups prepared organic salsa
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- For Sauce:
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Enchiladas:
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded nondairy cheddar cheese, or organic cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray or oil. Place sweet potatoes in the casserole dish and roast for 10 minutes. Stir, add onions to the dish and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes and onions are roasting, whisk together tomato sauce, broth, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove sweet potatoes and ions from the casserole dish and place in large bowl. Add tomatoes, salsa, garlic and black beans, and mass all filling ingredients together with a potato masher until well combined.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 1 cup sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish. Fill tortillas with filling, roll and pack together, seam side down, in the casserole dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minute, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Garnish with guacamole, olives and cilantro, if desired.
Click here to get Sarah's Almost Chipotle Guacamole recipe.