Oregon Apple and Pear Tiny Tarts
- This recipe will use two, 12-inch circles of pie dough. Use your favorite recipe, or pre-made.
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 pears, apples, peeled, cored, and diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Milk, for brushing
- Coarse or granulated sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, core and dice apples and pears.
- Mix apples and pears with sugar and spices.
- Cut 3-inch circles from pie dough using cookie or biscuit cutter and put them onto a sheet pan. If sheet pan is not non-stick, cover tray with parchment paper or coat it with butter.
- Lightly brush milk on pie dough circle.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture into the center of the pie dough circle.
- Cover with another pie dough circle and crimp down the edges with a fork.
- Using a fork, poke a set of holes on the top.
- Brush top with milk and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.