Nourishing muffins that are great for a snack, a weekday breakfast, or even to keep everyone happy on a road trip!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large firm, ripe USA Pear (about 1-¼ cup grated)
- 1-¾ cups grated carrots
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanillla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard-size 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease it, then dust with flour.
- Combine all-purpose and whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir well or sift together if lumpy.
- Measure grated pear and carrots into another bowl and add cranberries, nuts, if using, and coconut.
- Whisk oil, eggs and vanilla together until slightly lighter in color.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, folding in gently until they are completely moistened and well distributed. Scoop batter into muffin liners.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until slightly darker around the egdes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 35 minutes
Yield: Makes 12 muffins