Scotch Caramel & Bread Pudding
· 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
· 1/3 cup heavy cream
· 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
· 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
· 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan bring the sugar, cream, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
2. Lower heat and boil gently, stirring often, until sauce thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. The longer you cook it the thicker it will be when finished.
3. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey and vanilla.
4. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
5. Can be refrigerated up to one week; warm gently before serving.
· 12 slices old bread or equal amount of dinner rolls
· 1/4 cup butter, melted
· 1 cup pecans (optional)
· 6 eggs, beaten
· 4 cups milk or half & half
· 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
· 2 tablespoons dark rum
· 1 teaspoon of cinnamon schnapps
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Break bread into small pieces into a 13x9 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with pecans.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, rum, cinnamon schnapps and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
Cinnamon Schnapps Whipped Cream
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 1 tablespoon cinnamon schnapps
· 1 tablespoon sugar
1. In a large bowl, whip cream until thickened. Mix in cinnamon schnapps and sugar until it reaches the consistence you desire. Make sure not to over-beat, cream will then become lumpy and butter-like.