Our decorating expert Donna Anderson joined us to share a few simple ways to stretch your decorating dollar:
- Paint, Paint, Paint! This is the least expensive/ highest impact item you can do to any room and you CAN find a gallon of paint for $12 and sometimes much less. Check the "mistake" pile at your local home store.
- 3 R's--Reuse, Repurpose, Redo: Sprucing up flee market finds will give you a great return on investment, actually increasing the value of an item.
- Be Creative: Use your imagination-Think of how you can use items for other purposes.
- Utilize Discount Certificates: Don't ever pay full retail. Using coupons is like getting free money!
- Smart Decorating: Books are a great way to add style to a space. Use books you already have or pick up books at garage sales or thrift stores.
For more creative ideas, visit Donna's Facebook page. Donna will also be teaching a class on decorating at George Fox College on September 25. For more information, visit their website.