Makeup Brushes 101
Taking your makeup from ordinary to fabulous can be as easy as knowing how to use your makeup brushes the right way. Makeup Artist and Stylist, Kendra Stanton -- gave us a lesson:
In a previous segment I told you about five brushes I can’t live without: a foundation brush, blush brush, flat med. sized eye shadow brush, blender shadow brush, and a liner brush. As I have said before, using brushes is the difference between abstract art and fine art on the face. We want beautiful and blended makeup application!
1) Foundation brush: Without having to spend thousands on an airbrush machine, you can get a similar look by using the foundation brush.
2) Blush brush: this seems like the most common brush, but I also think it is the most misused.
3) Flat medium sized shadow brush: Why do makeup companies give us those spongy shadow applicators? Ridiculous! You can immediately throw them away or I personally like to use them to clean the grout in our kitchen.
4) Blender shadow brush: I have 5 of these. I can’t apply makeup without it! This brush is long (about ½ inch) and has a dome-shaped top. Its purpose is to couture the crease of the eyelid.
5) Eye Liner brush: When you have a good liner application, it can make a huge difference and will pull your entire look together! There are lots of different liner brushes but I am going to be using the angled liner brush.