You can be a hot chick and it has nothing to do with how you look, and everything to do with how you feel! Cerina Vincent, co-author of the new book How to Live Like a Hot Chick, joined us to share five steps to Live Like a Hot Chick right now:
- No More Dirty Talk: Shut off that nasty inner monologue that tells you that you’re not good enough, skinny enough, or pretty enough, and instead start telling yourself that you are a Hot Chick who deserves to feel and live like one. Eventually, you’ll begin to believe it and others will start to see you in this new light, too!
- Stop Competing, Comparing and Cutting Down: Make a decision to stop looking for flaws on celebrities, your friends, and especially yourself! When you choose to compliment another woman instead of cutting her down, you are making the world a more hospitable place for all of us. Choose instead to focus on the beauty of other women, and it will be so much easier to see your own.
- Do Your Job—But Know When to Stop: Every employed woman should be working like a Hot Chick while on the job. In this economy you must be grateful that you have a paycheck coming in! But living like a Hot Chick is all about balance—and you need to give yourself specific end times for your workday. Sending emails from your blackberry while in bed with your husband, or under the table while on a date, only makes you feel more stressed and overwhelmed. Do your job when you’re working, and then give yourself specific times to clock-out and power down so you can relax and re-charge.
- Make Food Fun: It’s time to stop feeling guilty for enjoying cupcakes and pizza and other foods that are supposed to be enjoyable! Don’t mindlessly eat packaged cupcakes from the vending machine at work, and instead plan to celebrate with food at least once a month at a holiday, family gathering, or girly happy hour. This will help make it easier to eat healthy the rest of the time and allow to you look forward to guilt-free splurges that you can truly enjoy.
- Make Time for Play Time: Life’s hard and life’s short, and we can’t spend it just running around trying to make enough money to pay the pile of bills and tackle the piles of dirty laundry. We must have things to look forward to. We want every woman to declare it her heyday*! It doesn’t matter how old you are, or where you’re at in your life, it’s your heyday when you decide that right now is the time that you are going to start having the most fun. Schedule happy hours or yoga classes with girlfriends, make time for leisure time where you do nothing at all but maybe take a hot bubble bath, and plan vacations or little trips. Every Hot Chick needs to get away every now and then, but we may have to actually pencil it in to make it happen.
Want to find out more? Visit Cerina's book signing:
- How to Live Like a Hot Chick Book Signing
- Friday, November 19, 2010 at 7:00 pm
- Border's Books at Bridgeport Village, Tigard
She's also the co-author of How to Eat Like a Hot Chick and How to Love Like a Hot Chick. For more information on any of her books, visit her website.