Self-esteem coach and author of the book Feel Good Naked, Laure Redmond joined us to share the "Seven Habits of Happy People" She says some of us are born smiling, but most of us have to work at it. By learning a few new techniques and unlearning old mental habits, happiness can be yours for the choosing.
- No Regrets or “If Only”: Everything is a lesson; even the worst things in life can provide wisdom and self-awareness. By acknowledging failures or mistakes without fixating on them, you create the opening to make important changes
- Use Your Strengths in the Service of Something Larger Than Yourself: Not only is our purpose on earth to help one another, but also when you reach out to a less fortunate person or animal, you spread compassion, understanding and pleasure.
- Meditate: Looking inward is always valuable and it gives your very active brain a rest. Meditation creates an inner calm, which fosters mental clarity that can’t be achieved through chaos & drama.
- Create Happy Endings Whenever Possible: The end of any experience has a profound impact on a person’s overall perception of the experience as a whole. Always tie up loose ends with kind, honest communication, even if your voice shakes.
- Mind Your Own Business: Concentrate on creating the life you want. Don’t judge others. Everyone has a right to live their own life the way they want to – including you.
- Master the Art of Appreciation: You can have everything in the world and still be miserable. Or you can have relatively little and feel unbounded joy. The one who is rich appreciates what he or she has.
- Your Body is Your Temple: Achieve excellent and enduring physical health through a regular physical practice and a thoughtful daily eating plan.
For more great ideas, visit Laure's website.