Makeup Artist and Stylist Kendra Stanton tested a different mascara everyday in May and joined us today to reveal her five favorites. Here are the criteria her reviews are based on:
- Does it go on clump free
- Is it easy to work with
- Does it do what the packaging says it will do,
- Does it hold up well through out the day or does it flake or change.
- Does the price match the product?
- Would I purchase it again?
Here are Kendra's top 5 Mascaras:
- E.L.F Duo Mascara- $1.00 "I thought this was a great 'diamond in the rough' product. It gave good length and thickening plus it stayed all day with out any mess. Did I mention is was only $1.00?"
- Maybelline Full ‘N Soft- 7.99 "This did a fantastic job of going on clump and mess free! It is not going to give you that 'wow' factor, but it will give you a nice and natural look."
- Makeup Forever Smoky Lash- $22.00 "Makeup Forever carries one of my favorite foundation lines but I had never thought to check out the mascara. I was really impressed! It did a great job of thickening and lengthening with no clumps, and left no smudging when I was outside in the sunshine. Do you remember that one-day when we actually had sun? I know, distant memory."
- Maybelline XXL PRO- $8.99 "I though this was great for the girl who likes that Kim Kardashian look. It was really easy to build upon with no clumping. And of course it lasted through out the day."
- Lancome Definicils HD Mascara $25.00 "Hands down the best mascara I ever tried. I think it is expensive for mascara, but I also think it is worth skipping out on my coffee addiction and saving for. It gave amazing length and thickening, all while separating and showing off my lashes! It also stayed all day and stayed in great form. I am in love with this mascara."
Looking to find your own favorite brand? Here are Kendra's overall thoughts on the subject of choosing the best mascara. Decide what your budget is, because there is a mascara for everyone’s budget. Also, just because it is expensive DOES NOT mean it is good. Most of the mascaras Kendra disliked were were from the department store. But then of course, the one she loved most was from the department store too.
To read all about the mascaras Kendra tested and to keep up-to-date on the latest beauty trends, check out Kendra's blog.