With summer in mind, it is not too late to get the body you imagined when you made your New Years Resolution back in January. It’s the half way mark in the year and the perfect time to make a few, easy adjustments that will have you feeling and looking great by July 4th. Self-esteem Coach Laure Redmond, author of Feel Good Naked, joined us to help make the most of the early summer weeks with these seven easy and fun tricks.
- Stay in the comfort zone by eating (even if you’re not hungry) every three hours. Don't let yourself get to the point where you're so hungry that you lose control of your eating. Always have healthy snacks available to ward off hunger. Some great ideas include: fresh fruit or veggies, half a sandwich, a bowl of soup, a single serving of raw almonds, an egg-white omelet, yogurt, healthy crackers with a wedge of cheese or hummus with assorted veggies.
- It’s okay to eat dinner at 5:30 pm! If you prefer to share dinner with your partner who doesn’t come home until 7:00 pm or later, eat only half of your dinner earlier and save the second half for later.
- Drink veggies at cocktail hour. Mix in a blender: chopped ginger, lemon or lime, water, pear or apple, celery, kale or spinach. Push through a large strainer and enjoy. (keep all ingredients in the refrigerator so your beverage is cold)
- Use lemon juice, good olive oil, salt & pepper in lieu of packaged or bottled salad dressing.
- Pick your biggest vice, whether alcohol, ice cream, bread or cheese and only allow this indulgence once a week.
- Replace shortening with applesauce. When baking cakes, brownies or muffins, replace oil with equivalent amounts of applesauce. This enhances flavor, locks in moisture and reduces calories.
- Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate with each meal and brush your teeth the second you are finished with your meal.
For more on improving your mind-body health, visit Laure's website.