Quick "In-Between" Holiday Meals-Sara Lee
By AM Northwest Staff
Jimmy Dean Easy "Brunch for a Bunch" Sausage Skillets
Makes: 6 servings (1 slice each)
1. Empty Sausage Skillet mixture into a 9x13" casserole dish.
2. Beat eggs and pour evenly over Sausage Skillet mixture.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Cut into squares and serve with an assortment of Sara Lee Breakfast Breads and flavored toppings
"Big Game Snackers" (HF Lit’l Smokies Cocktail Links wrapped with Jimmy Dean Bacon)
Makes 15 servings (3 bacon-wrapped cocktail links per guest)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Wrap each cocktail link with ½ slice bacon
3. Place wrapped cocktail links on shallow baking pan
4. Bake for about 15 minutes or until bacon is crisply cooked
5. Serve with favorite condiments (mustard, BBQ sauce, ketchup, etc. )
Gallo Salame and Pesto Squares with Sun-dried Tomatoes
Makes 24 hors d’oeuvres
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Spread 2 teaspoons pesto evenly on each slice of Soft and Smooth bread, then quarter each slice.
3. Toast bread squares on a baking sheet until undersides are golden, about 10 minutes.
4. Peel the outer layer from the Gallo Salame and cut into small cubes. Then cut the Sara Lee Provolone cheese into julienne strips.
5. Drain sun-dried tomatoes, if necessary. Chop into a small dice. Soak tomatoes in warm water 5 minutes, then drain well.
6. Toss together Gallo Salame, Sara Lee Provolone, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Mound on toasts and serve.
Elegant Strawberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Delight with Eggnog Coffee
1 cheesecake serves 8
1. Remove cheesecake from pan and set on a serving plate.
2. Pour two-thirds of bittersweet or semi sweet chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Warm chocolate chips over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds . After chocolate is melted, stir in remaining chocolate chips.
3. Drizzle chocolate over cheesecake and let stand 45-60 seconds.
4. Serve with Eggnog Coffee.
Serves 1 cup of coffee
1. Brew a single cup of coffee according to Senseo directions
2. Add eggnog to coffee and top with a dollop of whipped cream
3. Sprinkle with crushed candy pieces