Christmas Italian Biscotti
By AM Northwest Staff
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped craisins (dried cranberries)
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 1 cookie sheet
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Beat in dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in pistachios and dried cranberries. With floured hands, shape dough into two 12 inch logs on prepared cookie sheet, 4 inches apart. Bake 25-30 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 20 mins.
- With serrated knife, slice logs 1/2 inch thick. Place cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Turn cookies over and bake 8 mins more or until just golden. Cool on wire racks. Makes 3 1/2 dozen.
for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.