Today we met with Beauty Expert Dorothy Ryan, who spoke with us about men’s skincare. Today’s men are becoming more aware and concerned about their appearance, but they simply don’t want to add more tasks to an already busy day. Luckily, effective skincare doesn’t need to take a lot of work. A proper regimen with only a few key steps will lead to a reduction in redness, bumps and irritation to leave skin smooth, soft and younger-looking.
Here are some of the Men’s Skincare Products:
- DDF Redness Relief ($48; sephora.com): Helps strengthen fragile skin and reduce the appearance of visible redness
- Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream ($3.99; drugstores): A deep cleanser (containing camphor, menthol and eucalyptus) that dissolves oil while it conditions skin, without overdrying.
- Jane Iredale H\E (His Excellency) Powdered Sunscrean for Men ($42; Pearl Spa)
- Clinique Skin Supplies for Men Maximum Hydrator ($26; department stores) Hydrates and firms dry skin to minimize the look of fine lines.
- Lab Series Skincare for Men Age Rescue Eye Therapy ($26; department stores)
- Gillette Fusion Razor ($10; drugstores)
- A man’s facial skin is typically firmer, more oily and 20 percent thicker than a woman’s skin. No matter the season, for healthy-looking skin follow this simple regimen: First CLEAN, then SHAVE, then TREAT.
- Don’t be afraid to borrow facial cleansers and moisturizers from your wife or girlfriend’s medicine cabinet (with permission!) that are suitable for your skincare needs.
- Exfoliation is important to give a smoother, clearer, cleaner, younger-looking appearance and a closer shave.
- After shaving, it is important to replenish the skin with moisture to keep it healthy and protected.Using a daily moisturizer with SPF year round is a must.
- The skin around the eye is where a man can first see the visible signs of aging.