It's your lucky day -- coconut cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day!
Chef Emily Luchetti from the California Milk Advisory Board showed us how to make St. Patrick's Day cupcakes with California butter.
St. Patrick's Day Coconut Puff Cupcakes:
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup California milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 5 tablespoons unsalted California butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Grease and flour insides of 12 muffin cups or insert paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown and granulated sugar, flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, lemon juice, water and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingedients and mix until combined.
- Evenly divide batter cupcake molds. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans. Cool completely before frosting.
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted California butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- With electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. On medium speed, add powdered sugar three additions, beating well after each addition; scrape bowl with spatula as necessary.
- Mix vanilla extract. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle shredded coconut over each cupcake.
*Recipes provided by California Milk