Crab Cakes with Chili Aioli
Chef John’s Crab Cakes
Yield: 50 hors d’oeuvre size cakes, 8-12 large cakes
4 Tbspn Butter
2 Red onion, brunoise
½ cup Flat-leaf parsley, minced
½ tsp Tabasco sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 lb. Crabmeat – drained
3 cups Panko breadcrumbs
1. Mince all ingredients.
2. Sauté onion, celery, red and yellow bell peppers, parsley, capers, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, crab boil seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook until the vegetables are soft, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Cool to room temperature.
4. In a large bowl, break the lump crabmeat into small pieces and toss with the breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, and eggs.
5. Add the cooked mixture and mix well. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for one hour. Shape into bite-sized crab cakes.
6. Heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Fry cakes until browned. Drain on paper towels; keep them warm in a 250-degree oven and serve hot with sauce on top.
2 cups Mayonnaise
Mix together and chill